Intent to Compete & Business Plan Submission
How to Register
How to Register: Registration opens on Tuesday, September 5, 2017. Fill out the Registration Form with requested contact information for you and your co-founders (teammates) that are eligible to compete* and your prospective startup venture.**
How to Submit Your Business Plan
How to Submit Your Business Plan: Your team's business plan for the UNM Business Plan Competition is due on Tuesday, March 27, 2018. You must follow the requirements listed below and submit your business plan by email to email@example.com by 5:00PM on March 27, 2018.
* Your team must have at least 2 co-founders and no more than 5 to compete. See Rules (Eligibility Requirements) for details. You can add or change co-founders between September 5, 2017 – February 2, 2018.
** Required information, such as venture name and logo, can be edited up to the February 2, 2018 Registration deadline.
Business Plans Requirements
Your team's business plan must meet the following requirements:
- 20 pages of text
- 1 inch margins on all sides
- Times New Roman font, size 12
- 10 pages of addendum available
- Total of 30 pages permitted
- A participant agreement for each team member must be completed and submitted online prior to submitting your business plan
Important Information About Submitting Your Business Plan
- Teams must have complete information on each eligible co-founder (teammate) in their Registration form by the Registration deadline on February 2, 2018.
- Teams must submit their final plans by the submission deadline March 27, 2018 in order to be considered for the competition.
- No late submissions will be accepted.
After the submission deadline, the Business Plan Competition Program Manager will email the team leader, notifying he/she of your team's submission status. Statuses will include one of the following:
- Further corrections needed - Please resubmit within 24 hours
- Semi-finalist - Team will present live and attend banquet
- Did not advance - Thank you for your submission. Nothing further is needed
Next Steps After Business Plan Submission
After receiving your submitted business plan no later than March 27, 2018, Alberto Solís, the BPC Program Manager will contact the individual listed as Co-Founder 1 to inform the team of its submission status:
- Further corrections needed – Please resubmit your biz plan within 24 hours.
- Semi-finalist – Your team will present your business plan and attend awards banquet on April 20, 2018.
- Did not advance – Thank you for your submission, however, no further action is needed at this time.